What is endodontics?
Endodontics is a branch of dentistry that treats root canals and inflammatory processes that develop around the roots of teeth due to complications of carious processes.
The diagnosis of pulpitis is nothing more than advanced caries, which caused inflammation of the nerve endings in the root canals of the tooth. A complication of pulpitis is periodontitis – an inflammatory process that extends not only to the pulp, but also to the periapical (surrounding roots) tooth tissue.
Special attention should be given to teeth that require treatment of previously poorly filled root canals. This is one of the most difficult types of treatment, in which the doctor must, after establishing a diagnosis, select the most effective tactics for resolving the problem.
Endodontic treatment is prescribed by a doctor in case of:
- acute or chronic pulpitis
- when injured
- sometimes as a preparatory stage before prosthetics.Endodontic intervention consists of medical manipulations, the purpose of which is to preserve the tooth and preserve its function for the longest possible period of time.
Types of endodontological treatment
Methods that endodontics uses, that is, methods of root canal treatment and filling, as well as the amount of work can only be determined by a doctor based on the complexity of the case, as well as the wishes and capabilities of the patient. Root canal filling in our dental center is mainly carried out with gutta-percha pins (in cold or thermally heated form). Use of the latest generation of endodontic tips in the treatment of dental canals it was possible to optimize the process, improve quality and reduce the time of admission.
Our center uses technologies that endodontics have recognized as the best, as they allow for treatment with a predicted result. In the treatment of apparatus, we use:
- Endomotor with integrated apex locator VDW.Gold;
- Apparatus for sealing canals of hot gutta-percha;
- Laser devices: Waterlase iPlus, BioLase Epic A.R.C. Laser.
This ensures reliability and safety in complex canals.
Treatment of the root canals of the tooth is to prevent the development or elimination of inflammatory foci, which are one of the most common causes of its loss.
Endodontic treatment consists of the same stages:
- Elimination of infected tissues affecting the root canal.
- Carrying out mechanical and medical antibacterial treatment of tooth canals.
- Obturation of canals with filling material followed by x-ray control.
- Restoration of the anatomy of the crown of the tooth (by direct or indirect orthopedic restoration).