- Medication sleep is carried out under the constant supervision of an anesthetist.
- Venous access is provided and intravenous administration of sedatives of the last generation drug occurs.
- During medication sleep, cardiomonitoring is mandatory and all vital indicators (pulse oximetry, measurement of blood pressure, respiratory rate) are monitored
Patients that need dental treatment under general anesthesia
For general anesthesia, as for any medical procedure, there are indications and contraindications.
- the impossibility of local anesthesia and sedation (often in childhood).
- a tendency to psycho-vegetative complications (fainting, tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, tremor, panic attacks, etc.);
- intolerance to all local anesthetics.
- malformations of the central nervous system and neuropsychic disorders (epilepsy, oligophrenia, Down’s disease, etc.)
And contra indications?
Almost all contra indications to general anesthesia are relative. That is temporary, those that disappear when creating the necessary conditions for the manipulation.
Relative contraindications include:
- acute infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- impaired nasal breathing, atresia of the nasal passages and the inability to introduce the nasal duct.
- stroke, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular disorders until the recovery period (within 6-8 months) or accompanied by decompensation.
- pregnancy and lactation period.
restrictions on mouth opening due to contracture or ankylosis.
Preparing for medical sleep
The general anesthesia procedure does not require special preparation, unless the patient has a history of chronic diseases and other aggravating factors.
In most cases, it is necessary to take a general blood test 2-3 days before the manipulation and refrain from eating 4 hours before the visit to the dentist.
What happens immediately after medical sleep?
Coming out of anesthesia under the supervision of an anesthetist, you relax for 20-30 minutes and gradually recover. At the same time, the doctor and assistant are always nearby, monitoring your condition. After half an hour, you fully regain consciousness and can move around independently, the doctor gives recommendations after the procedure and drugs and a further strategy for postoperative rehabilitation are prescribed individually. After that, accompanied by a close relative, you go home. At the same time, the administration of the Glam Smile Laser clinic and the operating doctor are always in touch and are ready to answer your call at any time.